OK, this is something different for betweentimes:
My selfmade recipe for “onion bread”: After over one year of baking buns by myself, I`ve tried to make a healthy and tasty bread. It`s been working! And to knead the dough with your own hands makes your arms and hands strong, thewy and slim. 🙂
What You need:
– A baking dish 32 x 13 cm (8cm deep)
– spelt flour 300 g (type 1050)
– a half lump of yeast 21 g
– salt 5 g
– water 1/8 l
– a pinch of sugar
– olive oil
– roasted onions
– sunflower seeds
1) Put the flour into a bowl and agitate it with a fork.
2) Dissolve the sugar and the yeast in 1/8 l water (water needs temperature from 22C° – 24C°)
3) Put the dissolved yeast into the flour and mix everything with the fork.
4) Put all other ingredients into the bowl. As much as You want, and a good lacing of olive oil.
Now knead the dough for 8 to 12 minutes. The dough needs to become pliant and smoothy.
Put a good lacing of olive oil into the baking dish and disperse it everywhere inside the dish.
Fill in the dough, cover it with a dishtowel and leave it calm down at a (warm) place for 1 hour.
After 1 hour put it into the baking oven – if necessary, You have to preheat the oven – and bake it for 30 minutes. Baking temperature: 180 – 190 C°
After 30 Minutes, switch off the oven (let it be closed) and wait another 10 minutes. Now take out the bread and let it cool down.
The bread crust should be goldenbrown coloured.
Enjoy Your meal!